It’s the opposite of a LeMans start where riders run to their bikes. In this case, you bike 0.5 miles to your run. Bring your own bike and helmet.
Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face.
This page covers who, what, when, where, and why. For a more complete and comprehensive overview of the event, rules, recommended gear, etc., please refer to the FAQ, or visit the Facebook group “Marji Gesick Talk.”
The first challenge for Marji is getting into Marji. The second challenge is finding all the necessary info, and then you have to finish it! Enjoy your Marji Gesick Experience.
-The Marji Gesick Customer Disservice Team
WELCOME TO DA MARJI
Why: You want to test yourself against what Jeremiah Bishop called “The hardest single-day race in America.” Some will chase a buckle. Most will try to finish.
Who: Everyone and their support crews
What: MG15, MG50, MG100, Worst of both Worlds, MG200*
When: September 20-22, 2024
Where: Start locations are as follows:
- MG100RUN: Friday, 8:00 am, Forestville Trailhead, County Road HT, Marquette, MI 49855
- MG100BIKE: Saturday, 7:30 am (includes Worst of Both Worlds), Forestville Trailhead, county road ht, Marquette, MI 49855
- MG50BIKE: Saturday, 8:00 am, Lower Harbor Ore Dock, City Multi-Use Path, Marquette, MI 49855
- MG50RUN: Saturday, 7:00 am, Lower Harbor Ore Dock, City Multi-Use Path, Marquette, MI 49855
- Mini-Marji: Saturday, 10:00 am, Jackson Miners Park, Negaunee @ West End of Main Street
- MG200 – TBD
Routes and Event start times: Routes get published the week of the event. Start times are as follows:
- MG100RUN: Friday, 8:00 am
- MG100BIKE: Saturday, 7:30 am (includes Worst of Both Worlds)
- MG50RUN: Saturday, 7:00 am
- MG50BIKE: Saturday, 8:00 am
- MINI-MARJI: Saturday, 10:00 am
- MG200 – TBD
Event Cut-offs: All events end Sunday morning at 8:30 am ET.
Timing company: https://www.superiortiming.com/
*MG200 runs once every 5-years.