- Assessment Tests:
- Timed wall sit
- Timed forward plank
- Timed lateral plank
- Standing long jump
- Vertical jump
- Push ups
- Pull up/hang test
- One mile bike test
- Stretching and mobility work
- Stationary bike and isomeric exercises (wall sits, planks, posterior chain isometric exercises)
- Positive gym experience
- Base strength exercise form
- Base cardio
- Posterior chain postural preventative exercise
- Hard work and fun
- Progression of strength to function of power
- Build cardio endurance
- Isometric endurance
- Contributed posterior chain posture exercises
- More hard work and fun
Our season begins in the gym where we work on building strong minds and strong bodies in preparation for the rigors of trail riding. Spring Training goals are aimed at creating lasting change and opportunity for 906 kids:
- Get the kids comfortable in a gym setting. Gyms can be intimidating!
- Teach the kids gym etiquette. Behavior, respecting equipment etc.
- Educate them on proper form and lifting techniques in order to work out safely.
- Teach the importance of CONSISTENCY and how it correlates with proper eating habits, exercise, stretching and life habits. We are what we consistently do!
- Build confidence, self-esteem and positive self-image through 8-weeks of strength building.
Our season begins in the gym, building strong bodies, and strong minds, in preparation for Adventure Bike Club, and Youth MTB Racing in the Wisconsin High School Cycling League. Strength training boosts overall health and fitness, creates a cross-training opportunity, and improves self-confidence. Gyms are intimidating. Spring Training removes the intimidation by providing a peer-group activity, in a top-notch personal training studio (Superior Fitness). Trainers focus on: • Creating a comfortable environment where kids can thrive. • Compete against yourself, support each other. • Proper use of equipment and proper exercise form. • Education: pre/post-workout nutrition, warm-up routine, stretching, and more. • The value of “consistency” and how applied, consistent effort over time translates to results in the gym, and in life. Spring Training will last 10-weeks. Our middle school group will focus on fast-paced, intense workouts, leveraging body-weight exercises, intended to develop total-body strength, core strength, and improve cardiovascular endurance. The high school group will focus on much of the same, with additional emphasis on core weight training movements like the bench press, squat, and deadlift.
10 THINGS THAT TAKE 0% TALENT, BUT WILL GAIN 100% RESPECT.
- BE ON TIME
- BE PREPARED
- WORK ETHIC
- DO EXTRA
- BODY LANGUAGE
- BE COACHABLE
Empowering people to become the best version of themselves through outdoor adventure.
When you sign up for the 906 Adventure Team mailing list